- 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's disease.
- One in eight older Americans has Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care valued at $210 billion for persons with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
- Payments for care are estimated to be $200 billion in the United States in 2012.